CT scans provide far more detailed images than conventional X-ray imaging. CT images allow doctors to get very precise, 3-D views of certain parts of the body, such as soft tissues, the pelvis, blood vessels, the lungs, the brain, the heart, abdomen and bones. A CT scan will produce a cross-sectional image, also known as slices, of the patient.
Our family of OEM and replacement CT tubes utilize metal/glass or metal/ceramic materials for both bi-polar and Anode End Grounded (AEG) X-ray tube designs. Our AEG tubes are designed for higher heat loads, reduced off focal radiation, high power, and higher “G” force capacity.
Advantages of Varex CT tubes:
- Focal spot toggling – increases the spatial resolution of a CT scanner when used in conjunction with specialized hardware & software.
- Focal spot size control – optimizes power and spatial resolution
- Bipolar CT tubes – Large amount of power in a small size – enables smaller, more cost effective scanners
- Much lower ball bearing force with the Varex design
- Multiple bipolar and monopolar offerings
- Varex also offers Claymount high voltage connectors to complete your CT system.