PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR), today announced its Imaging Components business will exhibit its latest products and dedicated software solutions for planning, acquisition and analysis of X-ray images at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago. Varian's products will be on exhibit Nov. 27 - Dec. 1 in Booth #4301 in the South Hall of the McCormick Convention Center. Products will include:
- Low Dose, Low Cost RF/Surgical/Vascular Detectors: The PaxScan DXV family of flat panel detectors offer the latest generation of electronics with a new X-ray conversion layer for best-in-class low dose performance. Designed for cost-sensitive portions of the surgical, vascular and RF markets, this family of panels consume approximately half the power of previous generations, simplifying cooling requirements and reducing overall system costs.
- Analog to Digital Conversion Solutions for Radiography: The FDA-approved Nexus DR, with 4336Wv4 wireless radiography detector, is a high resolution digital imaging system designed to replace conventional film and CR, in both new and existing radiography equipment. The combination of the Nexus DR and the 4336Wv4 is ideally suited to both multipurpose and dedicated applications.
- Dose Efficient X-ray Collimators: The Claymount Optica 40 collimator is intended for integration into human radiography and fluoroscopy imaging systems. The Optica collimators feature a robust, lightweight design with a range of filtration options, including the ability to prevent patients from being exposed to useless low-energy X-ray spectrums and to meet requirements for pediatric imaging.
- Aftermarket Tube for Lightspeed® VCT Scanners: The MCS 8064 Computerized Tomography (CT) replacement tube for Lightspeed® VCT series scanners is an anode end grounded (AEG) replacement X-ray tube and offers lower life cycle costs. The MCS-8064 installs and calibrates on the LightSpeed VCT like the original OEM tube, and Varian offers a full 12-month warranty.
- FDA Approved Lung CAD and Lung Screening Solution: The MeVis Veolity software analyzes radiological image data, measures and segments lung nodules, and documents reproducibly for efficient interpretation and diagnosis of chest CT images.
Exhibition hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 27-30 and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 1.
ABOUT VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, focuses energy on saving lives by equipping the world with advanced technology for treating and managing cancer and for X-ray imaging. Varian supplies X-ray equipment manufacturers with imaging components, including tubes, digital detectors, cables and connectors as well as image processing software and workstations for medical and industrial applications. The company is also the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating and managing cancer. The company provides comprehensive solutions for radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Varian employs approximately 7,800 people at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
Varian Medical Systems
+1 (801) 978-5274
Varian Medical Systems
+1 (801) 978-5715