National Exhibition & Convention Center, Shanghai, China
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH AND SHANGHAI, CHINA, May 11, 2017 – Varex Imaging Corporation (Nasdaq: VREX) today announced that its Varex and recently acquired PerkinElmer imaging solution lines will be exhibited at the 2017 China International Medical Equipment Fair taking place at the National Exhibition & Convention Center in Shanghai, China on May 15 - 18, 2017.
On May 1, 2017, Varex completed the acquisition of the PerkinElmer medical imaging business, which develops, manufactures and sells digital detectors that are key components in medical and industrial X-ray imaging systems made by global OEM manufacturers.
At the CMEF, the Varex and PerkinElmer X-ray imaging process solutions will be represented in both of the exhibit halls. Being highlighted via the respective exhibit booths is a range of advanced X-ray tubes and digital flat panel detectors, as well as connect and control components and imaging software.
DIGITAL FLAT PANEL DETECTORS
- The PaxScan DXV family of digital flat panel detectors offer the latest generation of electronics with a new Xray conversion layer for best-in-class low dose performance. Designed for cost-sensitive portions of the surgical, vascular and RF markets, this family of detectors consume approximately half the power of previous generations, simplifying cooling requirements and reducing overall system costs.
- PerkinElmer Dexela digital flat panel detectors provide CMOS-based imaging that enables customers to optimize their X-ray systems performance in the world's most demanding imaging applications. These digital detectors provide fast, low dose imaging; outstanding image quality; and high dynamic range.
- Replacement X-ray tubes – A broad portfolio of cost-effective replacement medical X-ray tubes for most diagnostic imaging modalities including computed tomography, special procedures, radiography & fluoroscopy and mammography.
CONNECT & CONTROL
- Claymount components – A full range of components that include: high voltage connectors, manual and motorized collimators, ionization chambers and solid state automatic exposure control systems for controlling dose during medical X-ray imaging.
- Nexus DR Imaging Software combined with Varex’s 4336Wv4 wireless radiography detector is a high resolution digital imaging system designed to replace conventional film and CR in both new and existing radiography equipment. The fusion of the Nexus DR and the 4336Wv4 is ideally suited to both multi-purpose and dedicated applications.
ABOUT VAREX IMAGING
Varex Imaging Corporation is a leading innovator, designer and manufacturer of X-ray imaging components, which include tubes, digital flat panel detectors and other image processing solutions, which are key components of X-ray imaging systems. With a 65+ year history of successful innovation, Varex’s components are used in medical imaging as well as in industrial and security imaging applications. Global OEM manufacturers of X-ray imaging systems use the company’s X-ray sources, digital detectors, connecting devices and imaging software as components in their systems to detect, diagnose and protect. Varex employs approximately 1,800 people, including the employees from PerkinElmer, located at manufacturing and service center sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information about Varex, visit vareximaging.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Except for historical information, this news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements concerning industry or market outlook; the company’s recent acquisition of the PerkinElmer medical imaging business; growth drivers; customer demand and acceptance of products or technology; the ability of the company's technology and products to achieve stated results or outcomes; and any statements using the terms “will,” “could,” “believe,” “expect,” “intend,” “anticipate,” or similar statements are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include the ability to effectively integrate the products of PerkinElmer's medical imaging business into the company’s product offerings and sales and marketing operations, recognize the intended benefits and synergies of the acquisition, and retain the services of key acquired personnel; global economic conditions; demand for and delays in delivery of products of the company, PerkinElmer's medical imaging business or their respective
customers; the company’s ability to develop, commercialize and deploy new products; the impact of reduced or limited demand by purchasers of certain X-ray products; the impact of competitive products and pricing; and the other risks listed from time to time in the company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which by this reference are incorporated herein. The company assumes no obligation to update or revise the forward-looking statements in this release because of new information, future events, or otherwise.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Director of Investor & Public Relations
Varex Imaging Corporation
801.978.5274 | [email protected]
Manager of Marketing Communications
Varex Imaging Corporation
801.978.5715 | [email protected]