SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, February 28, 2017 – Varex Imaging Corporation (Nasdaq: VREX) announced today it will exhibit a broad range of imaging components at this year’s annual meeting of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) being held March 1-5, 2017 at the Austria Center in Vienna, Austria. The Varex exhibit will feature an array of the company’s digital detectors, X-ray tubes, Claymount accessories and imaging software located at Expo X2/Booth #12.
“This year’s exhibit highlights our commitment to image quality and innovation reflected in our portfolio of components,” said Carl LaCasce, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Varex Imaging. “We offer a full imaging chain of digital detectors, X-ray tubes, Claymount accessories and imaging software solutions.”
Our focus at this year’s ECR will be on carefully engineered X-ray tubes, flat-panel digital image detectors, and image processing software products, including:
- The PaxScan DXV family of image detectors – Varex’s new family of low dose, low cost dynamic detectors offer the latest generation of electronics with a new X-ray conversion layer for best-in-class low dose performance. Designed for cost-sensitive portions of the surgical, vascular and RF markets, this family of panels consume approximately half the power of previous generations, simplifying cooling requirements and reducing overall system costs. With Varex’s standardized interface based on the highly reliable Gigabit Ethernet technology, this platform has excellent image quality with both pulsed and continuous X-ray sources.
- Aftermarket Tube for Lightspeed® VCT Scanners: The MCS 8064 Computerized Tomography (CT) replacement tube for Lightspeed® VCT series scanners is an anode end grounded (AEG) replacement X-ray tube and offers lower life cycle costs. The MCS-8064 installs and calibrates on the LightSpeed VCT like the original OEM tube, and a 12-month warranty is offered.
- Claymount components – On display for the Claymount product line will be high-voltage connectors, ionization chambers and solid state automatic exposure control systems for controlling dose during medical X-ray imaging. Claymount also supplies buckies for digital radiography equipment, mammography paddles, X-ray collimators, and high-voltage generators for powering radiography equipment.
- Nexus DR Imaging Software – The Nexus DR, with 4336Wv4 wireless radiography detector, is a high resolution digital imaging system designed to replace conventional film and CR, in both new and existing radiography equipment. The combination of the Nexus DR and the 4336Wv4 is ideally suited to both multipurpose and dedicated applications.
- MeVis software solutions – MeVis Veolity is the most advanced software package supporting lung cancer diagnostics. Its modules LungCAD, Veolity LungCAD+, and Veolity LungScreening will be showcased. They are created complementarily for specific requests and different throughput environments in the early detection of lung cancer: to improve diagnostic quality, to refine image data analysis if required, and to obtain well-structured, efficient follow-up particularly with regard to lung cancer screening. Based on MeVis Online Academy, solutions and platforms will be presented for web-based, installation-free, interactive online training including options to exchange image data for further consultations.
ABOUT VAREX IMAGING
Varex Imaging Corporation is a leading innovator, designer and manufacturer of X-ray imaging components, which include tubes, digital flat panel detectors and other image processing solutions, which are key components of X-ray imaging systems. Varex’s components are used in medical imaging as well as in industrial and security imaging applications. With a 65+ year history of successful innovation, global OEM manufacturers of X-ray imaging system use the company’s X-ray sources, digital detectors, connecting devices and imaging software as components in their systems to detect, diagnose and protect. Varex employs approximately 1,400 people located at manufacturing and service center sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information about Varex, visit www.vareximaging.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Except for historical information, this news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements concerning industry or market outlook, including expected volumes, growth drivers; customer demand and acceptance of products or technology; the company’s future orders, revenues, or earnings growth or other financial results; the ability of the company's technology and products to achieve stated results or outcomes; and any statements using the terms “continue”, “potential”, “estimated”, expected”, “ongoing”, “prospect,” “future,” “anticipate,” “will” or similar statements are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include global economic conditions; demand for the company’s products; the company’s ability to develop, commercialize and deploy new products; the impact of competitive products and pricing; and the other risks listed from time to time in the company’s Registration Statement on Form 10 and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which by this reference are incorporated herein. The company assumes no obligation to update or revise the forward-looking statements in this release because of new information, future events, or otherwise.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Director of Investor & Public Relations
Varex Imaging Corporation
801.978.5274 | [email protected]